PENNIMAN CEMETERY - [Information taken from "Choice White Pines and Good Land," Plainfield's history.] Penniman Cemetery lies east of Penniman Road and south of the town shed. Surrounded by a stone wall and wooden gate, the oldest grave is that of Mary Spaulding, about 1810. Enclosed by a white picket fence, in the southeastern sections, is the Penniman family lot. The town maintains the whole cemetery. The cemetery contains over sixty graves and is curently in use.
| HOME |MAP |