METHODIST HILL CEMETERY - [Information taken from "Choice White Pines and Good Land," Plainfield's history.] On the easterly side of the four corners on Methodist Hill, it was an early burial ground for the first settlers of Grantham and Enfield, before this section was annexed to Plainfield. The earliest inscription is for John Calif, February 12, 1840. In 1912, Wilbur F. Smith created a small trust fund for the care of the Daniel L. Smith and Moses Flanders lots. Any excess income can be applied to the general care of the yard except the Howe lots!
| HOME | MAP|