FREEMAN CEMETERY - [Information taken from "Choice White Pines and Good Land," Plainfield's history.] The Freeman Cemetery is located near the Cornish town line on Route 12A across from Town Line Equipment. Descendants of Lieutenant Daniel Freeman are buried in the cemetery. Lieutenant Freeman's grave is the oldest dated stone: August 14, 1806.
The cemetery had its own trust fund for maintenance until the fall of 1960 when Mary Cassedy turned over the records and all funds to the town. No special care is given to any of the lots within the cemetery and a limited amount of space remains for burial. The last person buried in the cemetery was Lori Schaffer, a five-year old child, in 1984. The cemetery had no burials between 1929-1959. The only markers for war veterans buried in the cemetery are those of David Cassedy and Lieutenant Freeman.
According to Mary Cassedy, a Freeman descendant, Freeman Cemetery is located near the former house of Daniel Freeman on the family property. The big barn, which still stands, was built by Freeman's family in the eighteenth century. The house was near the foot of the hill on the corner near the house owned by Scott Walker (1991). the first house burned in 1940.